cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous Translation / Interpretation

RoyalMount
Level 1
Level 1

We need something that will allow us to do simultaneous interpretation / translation of meetings. We have meetings in multiple languages. We want to provide our own intrepreters...

4 Replies 4

Marcel Hirsch
Level 1
Level 1

Many of my customers are full of expectation about the closed caption options (in their language).
Hope this feature is soon available for all users (not only english speaking persons).

Maksym Kozub
Spotlight
Spotlight

Just in case somebody does not know it yet, now simultaneous interpretation has been implemented in Webex, and it works great. I can confirm it as a practicing interpreter with 25 years of experience, Webex Meetings license holder, and Webex Power User :).

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi  @emilie.marleau and @RoyalMount , 

There was a post in May that discussed the same question you both have. - https://community.cisco.com/t5/adopting-webex/simultaneous-interpretation-in-webex-meetings-and-events/m-p/4079348

Simultaneous interpretation has been PLANNED by our product team, and you can add your vote to emphasize the need for it in our User Community Feedback Portal. Here is the link to the idea - https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-393

When you add your vote to the idea, you will receive live email updates on the status of the idea. So when/if the idea comes to fruition, you will be the first to know!

I will try to update this thread whenever I receive any further updates.

Response Signature

emilie.marleau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, i am super new to this platform so i am not quite sure how this works! 

i am looking for information regarding simultaneous interpretation. Our community is always leaning towards Zoom to host these kind of meeting, but i am sure that Webex has something in place. Is there any information to this effect? Many thanks