cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access ACI via Cli

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello, Is there a way in ACI gui to enter CLI? I know if we setup ACI simulator, we can ssh it via its ip address. but If we access ACI with Sandbox, that is GUI, how can we access its CLI from GUI? I want to access ACI in sandbox via CLI. Can we do it? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

yes you can on this sandbox:

DevNet Sandbox - Workspace - Lab Catalog - ACI Simulator 5.2 (cisco.com)

After connecting to the lab through Cisco Anyconnect, open an RDP to 10.10.20.50, then within the sandbox open the dev terminal and issue an ssh command to the APIC mgmt address of 10.10.20.14. Take a look at the screenshot.

pic-457 .png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @interfacedy ,

I believe only port the sandbox APIC only allows port 443.

So no, you can't SSH to the sandbox - and therefore can't access the CLI. Pity about that.  You should provide some feedback to Cisco (Hit the Feedback tab on Devnet) and suggest that either port 22 (SSH) or port 4200 (Web SSH) be enabled for you to look at the CLI.

RedNectar_3-1671244096555.png

Probably the best place to practice the CLI is to use dCloud - although I believe the CLI will also be restricted to what is available in the Simulator (which is NOT a full set of commands)

RedNectar_0-1671245499440.png

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

yes you can on this sandbox:

DevNet Sandbox - Workspace - Lab Catalog - ACI Simulator 5.2 (cisco.com)

After connecting to the lab through Cisco Anyconnect, open an RDP to 10.10.20.50, then within the sandbox open the dev terminal and issue an ssh command to the APIC mgmt address of 10.10.20.14. Take a look at the screenshot.

pic-457 .png

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Great! Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License