cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI - APIC-L2 to L3 migration - How to find out the release ?

ju.mahieu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

My ACI Fabric is currently running on an APIC-L2-CLUSTER.

I prepare a migration to L3 servers, following the Cisco procedure below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/dcn/whitepapers/cisco-apic-m1-m2-m3-migration-guide.pdf

On the topic "Software release requirements", the step 1 ask to check the release on the new cluster.

With CIMC access, how can I easily find out the factory release installed on my new L3 servers ?
Thank you.

Ju

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can boot the new APIC up indepedently (no networking other than IMC (platform management) connected), allow it to boot up, then run through the setup dialog - just accept all default options, and assign an admin password.  Once that completes, you can log in with the admin password, and issue "acidiag version".   After you capture this info, you can simply reset the APIC config with "acidiag touch clean", followed by "acidiag touch setup".  After you reboot it with "acidiag reboot", it will be back to initial config state.

RobertBurns_0-1671719153664.png

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can boot the new APIC up indepedently (no networking other than IMC (platform management) connected), allow it to boot up, then run through the setup dialog - just accept all default options, and assign an admin password.  Once that completes, you can log in with the admin password, and issue "acidiag version".   After you capture this info, you can simply reset the APIC config with "acidiag touch clean", followed by "acidiag touch setup".  After you reboot it with "acidiag reboot", it will be back to initial config state.

RobertBurns_0-1671719153664.png

Robert

ju.mahieu
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Robert.

It was exactly what I was looking for. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Ju

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License