Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Design question

subashchandran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am setting up new ACI Lab with the following H/ws.

APIC Controllers+3 M1

9396pq--Baby spine

9396PX and 9508---Leaf switches

9508---LC--N9k-9564TX ALE  and SUP1.

Loaded with  ACI code 11.0.(2)j.

-N9k-9564TX is not detecting with the ACI code  Can any one face the similar issues.

Please reply...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Subash,

No problem at all. From that excerpt, it sounds like that linecard will be ACI leaf ready when 9508 as leaf is supported. Last I heard, this was not on a roadmap yet.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ryan Bos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If I understand correctly, it looks like you are trying to setup the 9508 as a leaf switch in ACI mode. This is currently not supported.

Also, the N9K-9564TX is not on the list of supported hardware in the 9508 Release Notes for ACI (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/release/notes/aci_nxos_rn_1104q.html#_Toc424204080).

Feel free to reply if you have any further questions or concerns. Thanks!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan..

Cisco documents :-

N9K-X9564TX (Figure 10) is another ACI ready leaf line card. It provides 48 1G/10GBaseT ports and 4 40G QSFP ports. It has an architecture similar to N9K-X9564PX except that all the 48 1G/10GBasteT ports are implemented with 10GT PHYs to convert to 1G/10GBaseT physical media.

We have to go with 9300 Switches for leaf nodes....

Subash

Subash,

No problem at all. From that excerpt, it sounds like that linecard will be ACI leaf ready when 9508 as leaf is supported. Last I heard, this was not on a roadmap yet.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Subash,

Ryan is correct. We do not have any plans for N9K-9564TX/9508 as ACI leaf. We are fixing our CCO documentation and will remove the verbiage.

Thanks

Anant.

Thanks for the updates..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License