Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Fabric RP

georgehewittuk1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I've been trying to replicate Fabric RP tonight which was introduced in ver 4.x and was struggling to find out if the Fabric RP is meant to be advertised outside the ACI fabric or if I was missing a tickbox somewhere. I could not see an option to advertise it externally out of L3Out (All same VRF.) 

When a fabric RP is created I can see a loopback is created. I've used a  different IP deliberately for the loopback on the L3Out as specified in the configuration guide incase that was causing issues. The multicast streams are building in the VRF with no issues. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/4-x/L3-configuration/Cisco-APIC-Layer-3-Networking-Configuration-Guide-401/Cisco-APIC-Layer-3-Networking-Configuration-Guide-401_chapter_010010.html

Cheers

George

3 Replies 3

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @georgehewittuk1 

I didn't configured yet a Fabric RP, however, I believe the logic would be same as in standard NXOS.

If you want to advertise the RP, you need to configure the routing protocol to do so.

In other words, you need to configure RP prefix in the ExtEPG with "Export Route Control Subnet".

Regards,

Sergiu

Thanks Sergiu - I am intending to lab this again at the weekend and have a play around. I will get back with my findings.

sahilaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@georgehewittuk1 Please share ur lab findings

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License