Helpful
Replies

ACI postman leaf profile interface selector

mannycho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Can someone help me with the postman script:

POST URL, BODY and CSV to automate creating leaf profile and interface selectors for the profile.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robert, I am not sure how your response helps me with this specific ask. I have used postman to perform other tasks on ACI, but struggling to achieve what i initially posted. If you know how to do that, please post the answer here that will benefit me and others looking. This is the reason Cisco has a public postman collection available online, unfortunately does not include what i need. Hopefully someone finds the link below helpful.

Cisco ACI | Public Collections | Postman API Network 

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @mannycho ,

Can you please explain exactly what you are trying to achieve? 

And how "CSV" fits into the picture.  When you post content to the APIC, you post either JSON or XML - CSV has nothing to do with it.

However, there are a few python programs floating around Github that will take CSV files and produce the desired JSON/XML - perhaps you have a question about Python programming?

And do you realise that the whole game changes as far as leaf profiles and interface selectors go with version 5.2(7g) onwards - the process is completely different from that point on - so let us know what version of APIC you are working with too.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hello RedNectar

Thank you for responding. Postman does allow you to select a CSV file to make entries in the variables defined in the JSON script. I am running 6.0 and I think I figured it out. Thanks again

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License