Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI SIM 4.2(7i) - Nodes not moving to Active

samdilloway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just installed the above onto my esxi server. Built over subscribed for resources using Cisco reccomended guidance.Followed the Cisco instructions for the SIM and everything is at default except OOB. This is on a 192.168/24 address, well away from the TEP subnet.

Can discover nodes ok but they just sit there inactive.

Wondered if anyone had an advice because all I have acheived so far is putting up my electricity bill.

samdilloway_0-1695219017021.png

samdilloway_1-1695219062559.png

Many thanks.

4 Replies 4

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @samdilloway ,

My first suspicion is that your SIM wasn't allocated - or wasn't able to GET all 32GB of RAM and/or the 12vCPUs that it needs. 

Having said that, I have seen the SIM just not play nicely and see one or more nodes inactive.  I've even had the SIM working and after a couple of days one of the nodes goes inactive.

In these cases, I've managed to get things going again by going through the painful process of re-booting the SIM and (sigh) re-entering all of the startup information again being doubly careful to not change any default values except the OOB mgmt IPs

Notes:

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

samdilloway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, thank you for the response.

I have managed to up the available memory slightly on the server and still hitting the same issue.

VM seems to be quite happy resource wise;

samdilloway_0-1700056828395.png

I am seeing fault F3944 which details the nodes as unregistered when they are sitting within the registered nodes tab.

samdilloway_1-1700056947264.png

Thanks.

Sam.

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Those faults have cleared, so they're not applicable to your current issue.
You kept the all default options other than the Management Address?

Robert

samdilloway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

Yes, all default. Pressed enter all the way through apart from mgmt ip and gateway.

Im baffled.

Thanks, Sam.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License