Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI simulator 4.2(6d) Inactive switches with default configuration

Dragoonix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to learn ACI through the simulator. 
My problem is that the switches once discovered and registered immediately go in Inactive state.

I use the default configuration with only the OOB IP/Gateway and password changed. The node ID's of the switches should also be corresponding.
The VM has enough hardware resources and is connected to a port group with: 
Promiscuous mode;MAC address changes;Forged transmits. all enabled.

I already tried multiple resets and a ova redeployment(with fresh download) but the problem persists. 
Any help is much appreciated. 

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't see the screenshot (corrupt?), but assuming you kept all the default (other than oob mgmt IP) it should discover the switches fine.  The only think that might mess this up is the node IDs you're assigning.  Can you re-attach the screen showing the registration/NodeIds.  Also make sure the vSphere host date/time is accurate.

Robert

Thanks for your help. I re-attached the screenshot in both jpg/png format. 
In case the screenshots won't work this is the node configuration:

TEP-1-101 - N9K-C9396PX - 1 - 101 - leaf - Leaf101
TEP-1-102 - N9K-C9396PX - 1 - 102 - leaf - Leaf102
TEP-1-101 - N9K-C9508 - 1 - 103 - spine - Spine103

The date/time is accurate on the vSphere host, I noticed the time in the APIC web gui is incorrect however.

I don't have any other suggestions myself, nor have I seen any issues like this outside of VM resource contention (lack thereof).  Hopefully someone else has come across this.

Which Hypervisor version are you using & can you attach a screenshot of the VM's properties?

Robert

Thanks for the followup. 
It seems to be something with the servers, on my local PC the same ova works fine.
Does the simulator need certain CPU features perhaps that the server cpu's are missing due their age? 

I have tried on ESXi 6.5.0 with a Xeon E7-2850 (2sockets) and 6.7.0 with a X5675(2sockets). 

The VM properties should be standard except their network adapters which are mapped to the same vlan.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License