cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Starter Kit Installation and Start Up

DAVE BLACKBOURN
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone direct me to an installation guide for the ACI Starter kit.  The hardware is installed, best guess cabling is in place, the power is on.  What now?  What do I do from cold on the APIC and the Nexus Switches to initialize them.....I see the documents for configuring the system when it has completed discovery and is up and running.

8 Replies 8

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at the Getting Started Guide.  That's the best doc to follow: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/getting-started/b_APIC_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf

Robert

Thank you Robert.....in two and a half minutes I have the document I spent around four hours looking for!   Very much appreciated.

That's what we're here for.  Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Robert

Re further questions...thank you Robert I just may take you up on that1

Start-up is on Monday (17th) in Melbourne.  That Getting Started document was the last key piece in my preparation

The Documentation Roadmap is a good link to bookmark.  It will show you all the ACI related doc names there are:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/roadmap/b_ACI_Fabric_Documentation_Roadmap.html

Goodluck!

I have a question.....Network up and running 3 APICs, 2 Spines, 4 leaves, remote access to APICs, and I have managed to set up an oob network and get remote access to the N9k management ports, mgmt0.  But in the Out-of-Band EPG Default Screen I get an error code - Not associated with management zone.  I cannot find any documentation that refers to a management zone. I believe I still have an issue understanding the EPG concepts when connection to outside devices are required.  Can you advise me or refer me to a relevant document?

Dave

Hello

I have seen this management zone issue before. What guide did you use to complete the setup? Also, what version of code are you running? Usually this is due to either the APICs or the Leafs/Spines not having OOB configured. 

I would suggest opening a TAC case for this issue so that we may assist you over webex on your fabric =) 

I am using

Cisco APIC Getting Started Guide

First Published: August 04, 2014

Last Modified: November 11, 2014

seems to be version 1.0(2j)

The APICs  are running 1.0(1e)

the n9ks are at n9000-11.0(1b)

I am try to set up the OOB in a constructive manner....

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License