Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Leaf Port to Pre-existing VLAN in ACI

Hello,

I have been requested to add two ports in ACI to a specific VLAN within our ACI fabric on two different leaf switches for a downstream server. Usually this would be a task for our DC Team but unfortunately they are all out/sick this week and possibly part of next. And management is really pushing this to be completed. I have little to no experience in working in ACI and I understand it is a beast of its own, so I wanted to exhaust all of my possible resources (documents, reddit, youtube, cisco community…)in locating credible documents/resources/advice in completing this task. Thanks again in advance.

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @CarsonDavis56998 ,

There is no real concept of "adding VLANs to a port" in ACI.

However,

• Every active port must be part of an Access Policy Chain (Google ACI Access Policy Chain - you'll probably find my blog)
  • Part of that chain is a VLAN Pool.
    • Your "added VLANs" need to be in that pool

And, IF the VLANs are dynamically allocated via  ACI VMM (Virtual Machine Manager) which talks to vCenter, then that's possibly it, but you may have to create new EPGs to map those VLANs to.  And for that, google search for ACI configuration guide tutorial

Don't have time for more detail ATM.

HTH

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License