cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC /bin folder 100% full and APP not installing

kvs1
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if the /bin full is causing the app not to install but I ran df -h to see the /bin folder is at 100%. How do I know which files to delete from here or can I do it in the GUI?

df-h

ls -lS /dev/vg_ifc0/boot

12 Replies 12

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Which version of ACI?

2. Which "the app" are you referring to?

3. Don't ever delete anything from the CLI.  The ONLY files you should ever remove are firmware images that you might have uploaded at one time.  You can monitor all the storage volumes from the UI:

RobertBurns_0-1688649088578.png

Robert

kvs1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Robert, 

Ver 5.2(7g) path below. Any advice? I'm told reboots fix the issue but it comes back eventually. Is acidiag touch clean a common solution or are there less drastic methods?  

kvs1_1-1688655104645.png

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If a reload doesn't clean up the stale log files (should), I'd suggest you contact TAC so we can get into the APIC via root and take a look at which files are consuming that volume.  You wont be able to access that part of the filesystem otherwise.

A clean reload would likely also fix, but that's a little drastic and not necessary IMO - especially if this in a prod controller.

Robert

kvs1
Level 1
Level 1

Ok thanks, the reboot lasts a few weeks before filling up again. Can you show me where in the filesystem I can verify the state log files to ensure they clear? I've read the APIC CLI user guide but has little to nothing regarding the filesystem processes. Regardless, I opened a TAC case. 

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can only verify the partitions you have access to.  Mainly from the UI is the best way to monitor these.  Beyond that, you'd need root access (only available to TAC) to investigate further.

Robert

kvs1
Level 1
Level 1

We're informed that there's a bug code for it and that it may or may not be fixed in the latest release. 

Can you provide the Bug ID - might be helpful to others.

Robert

snyderkv
Level 1
Level 1

I think it's a private site but it's supposedly fixed after version 5.2(7f) from what I saw shoulder surfing. This is most likely unrelated to apps not installing.

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any bugs attached to Customer SRs are public, not private.  If you get your hands on the bug ID, please share/DM to me.

Robert

snyderkv
Level 1
Level 1

delete

kvs1
Level 1
Level 1

Also, 3 steps to fix the app issue which was separate than the space issue. CSCvy79309 Podman db corruption.

1) acidiag scheduler disable 2) acidiag scheduler cleanup force 3) acidiag scheduler enable

Omar_L
Level 1
Level 1

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License