Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC movement from one leaf to another

aashfaque
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I need to move my APIC from one Leaf to another leaf, I believe no configuration is required on leaf (fabric Port) except the port should be enabled. 

Please advice if anything else is required to do the same.

Many Thanks in Advance. 

Regards,

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @aashfaque ,

You make it sound harder than it is!  Assuming that the port you are moving to has never been disabled, you don't need to even enable the port. However, it is probably worth checking that the port has no previous configuration by checking either 

• Fabric > Access Policies >> interfaces > Leaf Interfaces > Profiles > LeafProfileForRelevantLeaf  and check that no Interface Selector is defined for the relevant port or 
  • Fabric > Inventory >> Pod1 > Leafxxx > Interfaces > Physical Interfaces > eth 1/xx >| [Operational] tab - you should see no Operational VLANs, No Allowed VLANs, no Policy Group and no Attached Entity Profile (WHICH ACTUALLY INDICATES IF AN Attachable Access Entity Profile is linked - there is no such object as an Attached Entity Profile

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

ecsnnsls
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @aashfaque  and @RedNectar ,

I had a similar question - https://community.cisco.com/t5/application-centric-infrastructure/recabling-apic-to-a-different-pair-of-leaf-switches-in-the-same/td-p/4818808

The recommendation that I got was to decommission and recommission the APICs. I did not complete the activity yet. Please post your observations once you complete the activity.

TIA

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License