cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Associating EPG with a Domain via APIC NX-OS Style CLI - Version 3.0.2K

Rob R.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have about 300 EPGs (Indvidual Networks/VLANs) that I need to associate with a Domain. When you go to Tenants -> Application Profiles -> Application EPGs and select an EPG, you will see "Domains (VMs and Bare-Metals). I need to do a bulk update on many of my ~250 EPGs and associate thm to a Physical Domain. For bulk updates in the past, I've been sucessful using the NX-OS Style CLI in the APIC by first taking the running config output of the controller before the change, making a single change, get the running config again and then comparing the output to determine which lines of config I need to add. 

However, when adding a Domain to an individual EPG, I do not see any changes in the output of the "show running-config" of the APIC. Is there any way to do this work via the CLI or must you use the API/GUI? 

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

I don't have time to explain how, but this is probably an exercise that is worth learning how to program the APIC using the APIs.

There are a couple of approaches, such as PowerShell scripting and using Python.  Cisco supply a python library called Cobra that eases the pain of programming using Python, but if you are not familiar with Python or programming, this whole task could blow out to be harder than manually doing the 300 updates.

But as for the CLI, you may have found one of those little idiosyncrasies where there is no equivalent in the CLI.  I have in the past taken a complete CLI config and pasted it back in, and amazingly extra bits turn up in my config that were not there before when the APIC made stuff up to fill in the gaps.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License