cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing to new interface policy group disruptive?

ahummel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I would switch to a different interface policy group with the same content/settings (effectively renaming the policy group used) will there be any disruption in traffic? The current policy group is already used in port selectors and would be changed to the new one. Again: the settings in the policy group would be identical.

Regards,

Arjan

1 Reply 1

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is likely because we will pull the AAEP binding off that port. The AAEP is kind of the meeting port between the port and the VLAN.

Although, depending on the version, we have seen some varied behavior where if you have correct access polices and a static binding for at least one port on a switch the others interfaces on the same switch continue to function without access policies as long they have a static binding present.

I filed (https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve82295/?reffering_site=dumpcr) for this but what is described is apparently expected behavior. In Ebro (3.0(1)) we added a knob which will allow customer to enforce those validations.

Saying this, I recommenced a window to be safe (:

Thank you for participating in the Cisco Support Forum for ACI! If you have other questions related to this post, please let us know. If this response answers your questions, please mark this post "answered" and assign a rating to the response(s) provided. This will help notify other viewers that your question(s) is answered and this helps us provide better responses for this and future questions.

Regards,
Michael G.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License