cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI OSPF Neighbor Failer and INIT state

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

I set up OSPF between Cisco ACI N9K-C93180YC-EX switch and C9300-48U switch, but Neighbor state is maintained in INIT and will not be established. I will attach the setting screen as a capture screen. Can you tell me what the problem is? Two Nexus switches have vPC settings그림1.png

5 Replies 5

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Translator ,

Try setting MTU in the L3Out to 1500 bytes.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

I set the MTU to 1500 in SVI, is it different from the L3OUT MTU 1500 you answered?

Hi @Translator ,

No, I was referring to the MTU in the SVI - so we need to look at other options. Have you tried running debug  on the external router?

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

image.png

I checked and it's repeating like this

Hi @Translator ,

OK. I guess you need to double check all those OSPF settings that have to match. I can see that the IPs seem to be on the same subnet, but I can't check (from what you've shown)

• That the mask /24 at BOTH ends
  • that the OSPF area ID is the same at both ends

And at the very basic level, I guess you've already tested that you can ping from one end to the other.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License