cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI Simulator in a VM ?

pnataraj-wipro
Level 1
Level 1

I understand (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/application-centric-infrastructure-simulator/datasheet-c78-733252.htm )that this simulator need a physical machine but has anybody got it running on a VM ?

I am using aci-simulator-dk9.1.1.1s.iso 

I am running this on ESX 6.0 and the  VM config is as below.

100 GB SSD

10 NW cards,

16 GB Memory

8 cores

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mtimm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Even if you get this to install, it will not come up properly.  The software is written to check the physical product ID of the machine it is installed on.  If that doesn't match an expected value, the APIC's will fail to boot properly - the DME services will purposely not start.  You have to buy an APIC-SIM-S and install it on that.  In manufacturing the APIC-SIM-S hardware is programmed with the proper PID.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mtimm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Even if you get this to install, it will not come up properly.  The software is written to check the physical product ID of the machine it is installed on.  If that doesn't match an expected value, the APIC's will fail to boot properly - the DME services will purposely not start.  You have to buy an APIC-SIM-S and install it on that.  In manufacturing the APIC-SIM-S hardware is programmed with the proper PID.

Mike

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License