Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI Tunnel interface missing but epmMacEp has the interface info

I have the API output of the MAC entries from epmMacEp API, where all the Enpoints MAC entries are learnt. In that I see some of the endpoints having the tunnel interface. 

Also I have fetched the tunnel interface of all the nodes using tunnelIf API and I do not see the tunnel interface listed in the Endpoints MAC entries from the API call of epmMacEp in the tunnel interface API output. Below is the example data from epmMacEp. But the tunnelIf API does not return the information of tunnel28 interface in node-1604.

{           "epmMacEp": {
                     "attributes": {
                          "addr": "00:11:22:33:44:55", // Sample MAC.
                          "childAction": "",
                          "createTs": "2022-06-21T13:22:27.538+10:00",
                          "dn": "topology/pod-1/node-1604/sys/ctx-[vxlan-2916352]/bd-[vxlan-15040471]/db-ep/mac-00:11:22:33:44:55",
                          "flags": "mac",
                          "ifId": "tunnel28",
                          "modTs": "never",
                          "name": "",
                          "pcTag": "49189",
                          "status": ""
                     }
            }
}

Can you please provide why the epmMacEp has this information and the tunnelIf API does not have the tunnel interface information. The Cisco ACI version is 4.2(7s)

Thanks and Regards,
Mohammed Fazil

2 Replies 2

jiarchen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Muhammad

Thank you for using cisco community. Suggest to open a TAC case to check a few things related. 
1/ Suggest to check the endpoint learning of the tunnel mac/ip address

2/ Suggest to check the access of the tunnel address. 

3/ Run moquery command and API for same tunnel and compare the result. 

In order to confirm whether there's any problem with API, sync issue or endpoint learning issue. 

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco ACI through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out the ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge/cisco-aci-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394491] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Thank you @jiarchen . Will check all the 3 suggested steps and if I found any inconsistent among these behaviours will open a TAC case.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License