cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco APIC "Error executing command, check logs for details"

fc00::/7
Level 1
Level 1

I have connected to a spine via Cisco ACI using SSH and notice that command executed in it will be ended with error message "Error executing command, check logs for details".

May I know why? Would it be possible to run the command directly from the SPINE itself?

At the moment, the only way to execute this command is from `vsh_lc` shell.

E.g. `show clock`

APIC# ssh user@SPINE01
SPINE01# show clock
URL: http://127.0.0.1:7777/api//class/datetimeFormat.xml?
Code: 403
Output: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><imdata totalCount="1"><error code="403" text="Need a valid webtoken cookie (named APIC-Cookie) or a signed request with signature in the cookie APIC-Request-Signature for all REST API requests"/></imdata>
Data Posted:
None
Error executing command, check logs for details
SPINE01#
SPINE01# vsh_lc
vsh_lc_ro
module-1# show clock
03:09:45.697 UTC Fri May 10 2019
module-1#
module-1# exit
SPINE01#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @fc00::/7 ,

Don't have time to test right now, but at a guess, I'd say you are getting the error because you didn't ssh to the spine as user admin, or a user with admin priviledges.

Of course, you don't have to ssh to the spine to run most commands, you can use the fabric construct on the APIC

apic1# fabric 201 show clock
----------------------------------------------------------------
 Node 201 (Spine201)
10:25:06.677034 AEST Sat May 11 2019
RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @fc00::/7 ,

Don't have time to test right now, but at a guess, I'd say you are getting the error because you didn't ssh to the spine as user admin, or a user with admin priviledges.

Of course, you don't have to ssh to the spine to run most commands, you can use the fabric construct on the APIC

apic1# fabric 201 show clock
 Node 201 (Spine201)
10:25:06.677034 AEST Sat May 11 2019
RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License