cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command to poweroff/shutdown the leaf and spine switches?

rajangahlout
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Can anyone please help me in powering off the cisco Leaf and spine switches?

Thanks

Rajan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rajangahlout ,

my requirement is to power-off/shutdown the switches remotely.

Then the best option is to buy a managed power rail.  There is no user accessible command to shutdown a switch.  If indeed the /sbin/shutdown command works, you'll need to raise a TAC case to log into the switch as root and issue the command. 

Hope this is clear now.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rajangahlout
Level 1
Level 1

Below error I am getting :
achi25-25g-leaf1# shutdown
bash: /sbin/shutdown: Permission denied

Hi @rajangahlout ,

There is no command to shutdown a switch.  In the lab I work with, we use managed power rails that can remove the power from individual leaf/spine switches which we do often - once or twice a month, to conserve power usage.

If you want to completely remove a switch, decommission it from the APIC. (Fabric > Inventory > Pod1 > switchid >+ Decommission - note there are other options in the same menu that may be relevant - i.e. Maintenance (GIR) and Remove From Controller)

If you want to remove the configuration from a switch, the command is 

Leaf1201# setup-clean-config.sh

If you want to completely clear tha whole ACI fabric, use the method I described in this answer

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

rajangahlout
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply, but my requirement is to power-off/shutdown the switches remotely.

Hi @rajangahlout ,

my requirement is to power-off/shutdown the switches remotely.

Then the best option is to buy a managed power rail.  There is no user accessible command to shutdown a switch.  If indeed the /sbin/shutdown command works, you'll need to raise a TAC case to log into the switch as root and issue the command. 

Hope this is clear now.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License