cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contracts between Multi Site APIC

sandyblaza
Level 1
Level 1

I have tenants that reside on APIC site A and APIC site B (multi-site), and they can communicate via OTV.

But I got problem on server return traffic of APIC site B to APIC site A, my question is it's possible to create contract between to site?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're using OTV as your DCI?  

There's no such thing as a contract between sites.  You create contracts between EPGs (in separate sites) or you can stretch the same EPG across sites.  If you want L2 connectivity between the sites, ensure the BD defined in Msite is L2 Stretch enabled.

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're using OTV as your DCI?  

There's no such thing as a contract between sites.  You create contracts between EPGs (in separate sites) or you can stretch the same EPG across sites.  If you want L2 connectivity between the sites, ensure the BD defined in Msite is L2 Stretch enabled.

Robert

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @sandyblaza 

There are multiple ways on how you can configure the BDs/EPGs when it comes to ACI Multi-Site. The most common ones are these:

• Stretched Bridge Domain with Layer 2 Broadcast Extension

Screenshot 2021-07-09 153028.png

• Stretched Bridge Domain with No Layer 2 Broadcast Extension

Screenshot 2021-07-09 153039.png

• Stretched EPG Across Sites

Screenshot 2021-07-09 153058.png

• Stretched VRF with Inter-Site Contracts

Screenshot 2021-07-09 153108.png

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License