Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Extend ACI-MSITE-VAPPL=

Dear Cisco Community,

Please kindly need your information regarding how can I extend License ACI-MSITE-VAPPL= since I red this has been EOS https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-apic/eos-eol-notice-c51-744749.html 

if my customer wants to extend that license how is the way since that SKU doesn't appear on CCW?

any suggestions are appreciated 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The MSO (or as per the new name, Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator) does not need license anymore, since newer versions are installed in Nexus Dashboard.  The Nexus Dashboard is included as well as part of Cisco DCN Advantage.

In other words, you do not need any license.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The MSO (or as per the new name, Nexus Dashboard Orchestrator) does not need license anymore, since newer versions are installed in Nexus Dashboard.  The Nexus Dashboard is included as well as part of Cisco DCN Advantage.

In other words, you do not need any license.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Dear Sergiu,

Thank you for your kind information i found really helpful

But currently my customer is willing to extend their MSO License which the SKU for their existing one is ACI-MSITE-VAPPL= . The question how can I extend that by using current license?

Thank you

That's what I am saying - there is no way to extend it because the license doesn;t exist anymore. The app is now free and doesn't require license.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Legacy MSO required the aci-msite-vappl= license for the virtual appliance as well as a Leaf Advantage level license.  This changes beyond version 3.1.  From 3.2 forward it becomes [Nexus Dashboard] Orchestrator and runs solely on Nexus Dashboard (Virtual or Physical appliances) and is included with DCN Advantage licensing as Sergiu mentioned.    

Robert

Just to be clear, Nexus Dashboard itself doesn't abide by a single tier of licensing.  It's the App/Services such as NDO, NI, NDDB that dictate the level of licensing needed.  For example, NDO requires a DCN Advantage or higher Leaf License, while NI requires DCN Premium or the Day2Ops add-on license, Data Broker requires a separate standalone license per TAP Switch, but doesn't require any leafs to be licensed higher than Essentials level.

Robert 

Hi Robert and Sergui,

Thank you so much for your kind information 

so bottomline is I dont have to purchase any license for MSO as long as I purchase the ACI-AD-XF services on CCW-R, do I?

Correct.

Robert

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License