Views
Helpful
Replies

I have object names that don't look right

jgesualdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm building out and testing ACI in my lab. Under External Routed Networks I have two objects labled:

__ui_base_id_0

__ui_base_id_1

I don't know if these are normal or if it's an issue I created when cleaning up policies. At some point I may have deleted a copy object somewhere. Can someone help me clean this up or let me know if it's normal? I tried deleting them but it's not allowed.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

__ui objects get created when you use CLI configuration commands that require additional objects to be created to complete the picture, and also when you use the (perish the thought) BASIC GUI.

If you are sure you don't need these any more, Daniel Pitia wrote a script that will get rid of those pesky __ui objects here - which you should read, but it essentially says to issue the following commands on the APIC

apic1#for i in `find *__ui*`
for> do
for> echo "removing $i"
for> modelete $i
for> done

<Expect some output about removing objects and the command being depricated, then [IMPORTANT] enter one more command>

apic1# moconfig commit

<Expect some output about commiting the removal of objects and the command being depricated>

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

gmonroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can find more information on the "__ui__" objects as well as steps for their removal from the Cisco APIC Troubleshooting Guide:

Removing Unwanted _ui_ Objects Using the REST API

If you make changes with the Basic GUI or the NX-OS CLI before using the Advanced GUI, and objects appear in the Advanced GUI (with names prepended with _ui_), these objects can be removed by performing a REST API request to the API, containing the following:

• The Class name, for example infraAccPortGrp

• The Dn attribute, for example dn="uni/infra/funcprof/accportgrp-__ui_l101_eth1--31"

• The Status attribute set to status="deleted"

Perform the POST to the API with the following steps:

Step 1   Log on to a user account with write access to the object to be removed.
    Step 2   Send a POST to the API such as the following example:
    POST https://192.168.20.123/api/mo/uni.xml
    Payload:<infraAccPortGrp dn="uni/infra/funcprof/accportgrp-__ui_l101_eth1--31" status="deleted"/>

-Gabriel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License