Helpful
Replies

Intermediate packet loss with VMM+ACI+HP synergyBlade

ndhan302
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

I need to ask someone have the behavior I describe below:

I'm stretching Layer 2 with 2 EPGs (A,B) and when I put both EPG into the seperate Bridge Domain, I see a intermediate packet loss in VMS.
Default gateway is on a device out of Cisco ACI Fabric.

Scenario:

EPG-A: Tenant|VRF1|BD1|EPG-A

EPG-B: Tenant|VRF1|BD2|EPG-B

Inside the EPG-A I have a static path interfaces Vlan 100 and VMM integration with vlan 2000 (dynamic)

Inside the EPG-B I have a static path interfaces Vlan 200 and VMM integration with vlan 3000 (dynamic)

Note - I am not overlapping VLANs from physical to VMM that is why I have seperated vlan blocks for VMM but under same AAEP

Bridge Domain BD1 have ARP flooding, no unicast routing, no subnet entries: I see all mac-address of all virtual machine VM100 and VM200.

Issue observed:

1. VM's in EPG A can ping some VM's in EPG B but some VM's in EPG B are NOT able to ping and intermediate packet loss is observed sometimes

VMM integration is done with HP Synergy Blade server ( Tunnel mode)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

brlehigh
Level 1
Level 1

Since the L3 gateway is outside of the fabric, have to verified the MTU settings along the path?  Since ACI defaults to an MTU of 9000 there could be an MTU mismatch between your fabric and the router that is providing L3.  

-Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License