Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 2 traffic between Tenants

burghelea_mihai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have been working on ACI for some time now and I have used it succesfully in different scenarios and not so succesfully in some. I am ACI certified Field Engineer.

I am desigining a Data Center network for a customer and I have an ideea that i have not had the chance to try out in a live implementation and my lab scenario can't get me to the end purpose for various technical reasons.

What I am trying to accomplish is basically to use the ACI fabric as a layer 2 transit between a pair of PE routers in the common tenant and multiple CE routers in different tenants, while keeping traffic as sepparate as possible.

My idea (I will also try to draw it out) is to use a single common Bridge Domain that I will extend using two L2 outs: one L2 Out (vlan x) to first PE route, another L2 Out (vlan y) to second PE router.

At this step I already have a question, that I could not find an answer in documentation but I have a strong feeling that the answer will be positiv:

Q: Assuming all configuration is done and correct on the PE routers, will they be able to communicate once I put a contract between the two External Networks under each L2 Out?

Next step includes introducing a new tenant for a customer, creating an "Internet" EPG using the common Bridge Domain, and then extending this EPG with static paths (vlan z) to the ports where the CE router will connect.

Once I create contracts between this new EPG and the external networks in the common tennant will this close the cicle and allow L2 communication between the CE and the two PEs?

P.S I will be using the latest version of firmware.

0 Replies 0

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License