cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licenses for ACI Simulator

xspkbstr
Level 1
Level 1

Does the ACI Simulator need a license?  From what I am seeing in here so far the answer is yes because the eval license is only good for 90 days.

So that begs the question...how to you get a permanent license if you want one??

If this question has been answered please add the link so I can read up on it.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's standard ACI Smart Licensing (not mandatory) which has nothing specifically do to with the ACI Simulator entitlement.

Robert

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @xspkbstr ,

I've never noticed anything about 90 days.  But you'll be lucky to keep it running for 90 days - and you'll loose your config every time it restarts anyway.  So I wouldn't worry about the 90 days (if it exists). Just go for it.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Well I think you are right, I haven't been able to keep the simulator from crashing one way or another for more than about a week at a time.  Most times its a node that dies and never comes back and since your can't restart that node...lol, reload the simulator time.

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
There's no license required for the ACI simulator VM from version 4.2 onward.

Robert

Once I get the simulator reloaded I will get a screen shot of the license page.  I am using 4(2)-7l and it tells me I am using an eval license that expire in 90 days.  But as RedNectar noted, the simulator rarely lasts long enough without need to be restarted.  So you are correct in an indirect way.  LOL.

@Robert Burns, please see attached.  Thanks.

That's standard ACI Smart Licensing (not mandatory) which has nothing specifically do to with the ACI Simulator entitlement.

Robert

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License