Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

masking a fault in APIC 1.3

Hi,

I would like to mask a certain fault (alarm actually but ACI calls it a fault) that is raised and I know what it is, want to ignore this for good. To remove it from the fault display. It seems to me it cannot be done, but I would like an opinion from the community about this. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try this procedure. It may or may not work at your version.  We'd opened an enhancement request to make the APIC ports configurable going forward.

1. SSH to an APIC
  2. Check to see if a FAULT F0103 is still present and associated with ethx/y port being down.  Use the “show faults” command.
  3. Change directory to “/mit/topology/pod-1/node-1/sys/cphys-[ethxy]” (where x-y are the interface #'s affected)
  4. Use the command “cat summary” to verify the “adminSt” is “up” and the “operSt” is “down” for ethx/y. (ie. eth1/2)
  5. Use  “MO” CLI commands to change the ethx/y port’s “adminSt” to “down”  (moset & moconfig).
  6. Use the command “cat summary” to verify the “adminSt” is “down” and the “operSt” is “down” for eth1/2.
  7. Check to see if FAULT F0103 has been cleared. Use the “show faults” command. You may need repeat the command a couple times while the Fault is transitions states.

For this Example

APIC  port  eth1/2

Fault Code  F0103
• show faults

• cd /mit/topology/pod-1/node-1/sys/cphys-[eth1--2]

• cat summary

• moset adminSt "down"

• moconfig commit

• cat summary

• show faults

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bojan,

Can you tell us the exact fault message, fault ID and version of APIC you're running?

Thanks,

Robert

F0103, port down message. Version 1.3g.

This is an ethernet port on the controller which I will not use at the moment. This is not a production system.

Try this procedure. It may or may not work at your version.  We'd opened an enhancement request to make the APIC ports configurable going forward.

1. SSH to an APIC
  2. Check to see if a FAULT F0103 is still present and associated with ethx/y port being down.  Use the “show faults” command.
  3. Change directory to “/mit/topology/pod-1/node-1/sys/cphys-[ethxy]” (where x-y are the interface #'s affected)
  4. Use the command “cat summary” to verify the “adminSt” is “up” and the “operSt” is “down” for ethx/y. (ie. eth1/2)
  5. Use  “MO” CLI commands to change the ethx/y port’s “adminSt” to “down”  (moset & moconfig).
  6. Use the command “cat summary” to verify the “adminSt” is “down” and the “operSt” is “down” for eth1/2.
  7. Check to see if FAULT F0103 has been cleared. Use the “show faults” command. You may need repeat the command a couple times while the Fault is transitions states.

For this Example

APIC  port  eth1/2

Fault Code  F0103
• show faults

• cd /mit/topology/pod-1/node-1/sys/cphys-[eth1--2]

• cat summary

• moset adminSt "down"

• moconfig commit

• cat summary

• show faults

Great stuff Robert, thanks! It took a while because I was exploring this new world of interfaces inside APIC CLI. :) Also I had to insert a backslash before the bracket to inform the shell about the special character. Alarm gone, fantastic.

Now, I noticed that switch interfaces don't have "operSt" field. Why? I did not try every interface of course, but it is totally diverged from the good old cisco "admin/line" up/down status. This summary file is a nice way to double check some things under the hood.

Also, I had to use "show faults controller" command. show faults by itself won't work. I am writing this for the other people of course, in case somebody gets confused.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License