Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need good document for APIC Controller port configuration

Hi All,

I need help on Leaf switch interface configuration shifting from one Switch to other Switch.

My environment was running with DNA  SD Fabric for campus and ACI Fabric was DC.

3 APIC in Single cluster connected with 6 Leaf Switches  1 APIC with two Leaf Switches with VPC.

3 DNAC in Single cluster connected with 6 Leaf Switches  1 DNAC with two Leaf Switches with VPC

earlier we have operated big DC environment with lot of servers and application now we decommissioned all servers and i need to consolidate the Network Part.

I have to Shift other APIC to 2 leaf switches where other APIC was already connected, This will save me to Decommission other 4 Leaf Switches from the network.( Is the Design will create any issue or all APIC must be connected different VPC in different switch)

Same applicable for DNAC as well.

can i copy the config of existing Leaf switches where the APIC and DNAC was connected and apply the same config to switch where i am going to shift these APIC is that sufficient if so how to do that,

There are lot of terms in ACI, EPG,BD, L3 out others so on.. in legacy environment its bid easy for just config interface configuration and apply to new port and shift the device but here looks complicated to me, but expert can help with some guidance to achieve this.

1 Reply 1

BANERJEE SHIBASISH
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Dinesh Kumar Mariappan 

Thanks for your queries.

ACI policy model offers you great flexibility in-terms of configuration. Policies should be created once and reused when connecting to new devices to the fabric whenever possible. For an example, In your case you can create one Interface policy and reuse that into Interface group.

ACI Fabric Access Policies are used to configure parameters that relate to access into the fabric (i.e., configuring ports on leaf switches for servers, firewalls, network switches, and other devices). In addition, Fabric Access Policies are used to configure other parameters like SPEED, Enabling LLDP or CDP, LACP and more.

I would highly recommend to go through the ACI Policy Model for detail understanding.

Additionally you may refer few other documents which may help you in-terms of understanding about Connecting Leaf to APICs and Configuring ACI Fabric Access Policies.

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco ACI through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out the ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge/cisco-aci-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394491] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Regards,

Shibasish

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License