Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF route-map not working if not default

Jeremy Dubrulle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I am trying to test how the route-maps are working in ACI. I have an OSPF interco with a router.

I have tested the "default-export" route-map, it permits to:

• Redistribute any static route configured on my node if configured explicitly under the route-map
  • Redistribute any subnet advertised externally if explicitly configured under the route-map

First question, my subnets are not redistributed with advertised externally and Match prefix (for the route-map) if not explicitly configured, why ? Seems like it should be redistributed with match prefix and policy.

Second test with a named route-map (not default). I create it under my L3Out, with rules for my subnets:

• I can't make the static routes being redistributed when matched, is it normal?
  • I can't make any subnet being redistributed when I fill the L3Out for route profile and Route profile fields under the subnet or BD. I put the correct matching for the rules and I know it because it works with the default-export.

Seems like I can't make work a route-map that is not the default one.

Do you have any idea what is wrong?

Thanks,

Jérémy

9 Replies 9

Jeremy Dubrulle
Level 1
Level 1

We are using route maps for route control with BGP with no issues.  V 4.2.4 and now 4.2.6

You are using route-map that are not default-export ? You just configure it under your L3Out, then apply it under the BD and it is redistributed ?

Route Map For Import and Export Route Control

Policiers > Protocols > Route maps for route control 

When I create it under the menu you give, I can't use it anywhere. Not under L3Out, not under BD, ...

Could you help me I must be doing something wrong.

Yes I know this doc.. I wanted to know more about your implementation. Understand why I can't make the custom RM work and especially why I can't select it under other menus when it is created under Policies

The same profile is used by multiple L3OUTs, therefore profile is in

Policiers > Protocols > Route maps for route control  

In L3OUT:

L3OUT >> Logical Node profile >> LEAF >>>Logical interface profile >>> PORT >>> BGP peer connection profile 

here route profiles are applied.

Ok that doesn't exist in OSPF. Thank you.

Did someone try route-map with OSPF ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License