Views
Helpful
Replies

Query Regarding Global BFD Configuration on Cisco ACI 6.0.2

rhanisch_01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could someone help clarify the meaning of "echo frames source address - 0.0.0.0" in the global BFD configuration on Cisco ACI 6.0.2? Is this indicative of the echo admin state being disabled?

Furthermore, I would appreciate insights about "slow timer interval" and "startup timer interval". My assumption is that these timers come into play when echo mode is activated. Can anyone confirm this?

Unfortunately, I've been unable to find any official Cisco documentation regarding the feature "echo frames source address"

Best Regards,

1 Reply 1

naveeku6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @rhanisch_01 ,

0.0.0.0 in this case means BFD will use its interface IP address to source BFD packet.

If use use non zero value, BFD will use that value as source.

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco ACI through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out the ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge/cisco-aci-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394491] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License