cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about 4th Generation APIC Fabric ports/cards

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

According to the APIC datasheet (updated 8th June but might be outdated already as of this post), there are two options for the fabric ports when ordering the 4th Gen APIC:

• Intel E810XXVDA2 2x25/10 GbE SFP28 PCIe NIC for Fibre connection
  • Intel X710T2LG 2x10 GbE RJ45 PCIe NIC for copper connection

According to CCW, there is the 3rd option for the fabric port when ordering the 4th Gen APIC:

• Cisco APIC VIC 1455 Quad Port 10/25G SFP28 CNA PCIE

Assuming CCW has the most up to date components for the 4th APIC components, can I assume the VIC1455 would be have the exact same compatibility for the 10Gbps transceivers/twinax cables when being used with 4th APIC comparing when it is equiped within 3rd Gen APIC or standard UCS server?

Also, is there a list of 10Gbps compatible transceiver/twinax cables for the "Intel E810XXVDA2" when used with APIC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Originally due to supply chain challenges we only offered an Intel 10G Fiber and 10Ge Copper adapter.  Now that things have caught up, the VIC has been added to the adapter option.  This is similar to the one found on earlier generation APICs and should be compatible with all existing 10G SFP optics & cables.  

The Intel SFP adapter will support most 10G QSFP28 cables/optics.  If you have one in mind, advise which type and I'll confirm for you.    

Robert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Originally due to supply chain challenges we only offered an Intel 10G Fiber and 10Ge Copper adapter.  Now that things have caught up, the VIC has been added to the adapter option.  This is similar to the one found on earlier generation APICs and should be compatible with all existing 10G SFP optics & cables.  

The Intel SFP adapter will support most 10G QSFP28 cables/optics.  If you have one in mind, advise which type and I'll confirm for you.    

Robert

Thanks for the info.

Regarding the transceivers to work with Intel card, I was looking at the "SFP-10/25G-CSR-S". I think it is compatible with APIC as well as Leaf running @ 10Gbps. If VIC1455 is available now, I would likely just go with that card instead. 

That will work, but understand you can only connect the APIC at 10G with SFP optics.

Robert

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License