Helpful
Replies

ACI Fabric upgrade from 2.2(4f) to 4.2(7) with scvmm

haseebkurdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

this is my first post.

we are planning to upgrade our fabric its integrated with scvmm 2016. My doubt is while upgrading fabric from the current version to intermediate followed by target version do i need to update the scvmm agents also?Like

1st fabric upgrade from 2.2(4f) to 2.2(4p/q/r) - since here the upgrade is in same train scvmm agents wont be upgraded

2nd fabric upgrade from 2.2(4f) to 4.2(7)- after upgrading to this version do i need to update the scvmm agents also on my scvmm controllers and host?

Kindly provide any help and suggestions. thanks in advance!!!

3 Replies 3

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Welcome to the Community!

Yes, plan to upgrade your SCVMM & Host agents when you get to the final destination version of the leaf switches.  The new Leaf software version should be backwards compatible with the SCVMM/HyperV agents, so things should remain operational.   Your fabric upgrade should always be done in groups - typically odd/even.  Assuming all your endpoints are dual homed, they will always maintain connectivity during the fabric upgrade. Once the fabric is upgrade, next you'll upgrade the SCVMM agent.  When that completes you'll proceed to your HyperV hosts, evacuating VMs from your HyperV hosts, then upgrading the host agents one by one.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback, i have been reading cisco docs on the integration of scvmm with fabric dint find any reference document for the required subject. Appreciate if you have any of them if you have or did you get any chance to work on the same scenario. 

thanks in advance. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License