Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI hardware programing failed

Vahid Tavajjohi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

in my ACI environment, there is an issue in implementing Service Graphs in tenants. one off my leaves encounter error in forming a contract. the error is :

"hardware programing failed"

and  in  system faults , there is a fault like below:

" This fault occurs when the policy manager fails to activate a contract filter rule on the affected object due to either a hardware or software programming failure "

and the object is " /sys/actrl/dbgStats"

in Capacity Dashboard at Policy Cam usage row , there is no issue and percent is 2%

we can't establish any traffic with this issue. please advise me about it.

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vahid,

When providing information for a Fault, please provide a screenshot with detail expanded of the fault or the output of  the following CLI command "moquery -c faultInst -f 'fault.Inst.code=="F1800"' (where F1800 is the fault code).

With the information given, it may be an issue with a "duplicated subnet prefix" being detected when trying to deploy the service graph.

You can go to the leaf in question and look at:

"show system internal policy-mgr event-history trace"

and look for a PREFIX Insert Failure.

Then Policy manager trace should say : "failed to install subnet as duplicate subnet detected under same vrf."

Please verify your configuration to make sure there is no prefix overlap.

T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vahid,

When providing information for a Fault, please provide a screenshot with detail expanded of the fault or the output of  the following CLI command "moquery -c faultInst -f 'fault.Inst.code=="F1800"' (where F1800 is the fault code).

With the information given, it may be an issue with a "duplicated subnet prefix" being detected when trying to deploy the service graph.

You can go to the leaf in question and look at:

"show system internal policy-mgr event-history trace"

and look for a PREFIX Insert Failure.

Then Policy manager trace should say : "failed to install subnet as duplicate subnet detected under same vrf."

Please verify your configuration to make sure there is no prefix overlap.

T.

Dear Tomas

thanks for your quick reply.

after i asked the question , i restore the leaf switch to default factory and rejoin it to fabric. for now faults gone.

can you provide the document that include your answer?

Regards

there is no document,

I asked to please provide the additional.. information.

Thank you for participating in the Cisco Support Forum for ACI! If you have other questions related to this post, please let us know. If this response answers your questions, please mark this post "answered" and assign a rating to the response(s) provided. This will help notify other viewers that your question(s) is answered and this helps us provide better responses for this and future questions.

Thank you!

T.

Vahid Tavajjohi
Level 1
Level 1

this solved my problem.

thanks

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License