Helpful
Replies

aci microsegmentation without vmware integration

CSCO12550173
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

i have a doubt about useg

if you have only one interface connected to a vcenter-esxi host and its a VDS to a leaf device

and you want to enable useg with a physical dom, because there is no a vm integration only with ip address or mac

because i searched and the only think is mention is when this integration is on

but no no info when this is off and you only have trunks interface from the vcenter to the leaves

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @CSCO12550173 

If there is no integration with VMware vCenter, and you are using plan vlans on your VDS, then the uSeg will only take effect on the routed traffic. This is because the switched traffic in the same vlan (port-group) will be locally switched by the VDS.

However, you can use isolated vlans on your VDS. This way all traffic can basically be forwarded to ACI Leaf, and the traffic can be policy enforced.

Note: you will need to configure both MAC and IP as attributes for your uSeg - MAC for switched traffic segmentation and IP for routed traffic.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @CSCO12550173 

If there is no integration with VMware vCenter, and you are using plan vlans on your VDS, then the uSeg will only take effect on the routed traffic. This is because the switched traffic in the same vlan (port-group) will be locally switched by the VDS.

However, you can use isolated vlans on your VDS. This way all traffic can basically be forwarded to ACI Leaf, and the traffic can be policy enforced.

Note: you will need to configure both MAC and IP as attributes for your uSeg - MAC for switched traffic segmentation and IP for routed traffic.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Hi Sergiu, hope you are doing fine

thanks for the response i ll test it in a lab environment to see all the phases that the clients need it

thanks for your reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License