cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Simulator on VM

SefCisco66
Level 1
Level 1

Can the ISO image for the ACI simulator be installed on VMWare?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The OVA image is mainly for Cisco internal only & some approved partners. IT's not generally available otherwise.  The ISO image (different image which is secured) is used only on the Simulator appliance.

The OVA requires an activation token which is only available internally to Cisco.

Robert

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it's intended for the physcial appliance installation only.

Robert

I have spoken with some who run it on their local machines using the OVA files. Is it only possible to do this using the OVA files? I understand the full functionality is not possible by doing this but it still has great value.

Shawn

The OVA image is mainly for Cisco internal only & some approved partners. IT's not generally available otherwise.  The ISO image (different image which is secured) is used only on the Simulator appliance.

The OVA requires an activation token which is only available internally to Cisco.

Robert

Makes sense, thanks for the information!

Shawn 

Please share me link i wanted to know how to Download the Open Virtualization Appliance (OVA) file for ACI simulator ?

tomy.tim
VIP
VIP

Hi @SefCisco66 , I just made a tutorial with the latest version of cisco aci simulator 6.03d, maybe I can help you. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Link: https://community.cisco.com/t5/application-centric-infrastructure/installation-guide-for-cisco-aci-simulator-6-0-3d/td-p/4991325

translator

EnglishEnglish

ˈiNG(ɡ)liSHˈiNG(ɡ)liSH

Double-click

Select to translate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License