cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone knows how to migrate OTV VLANs to ACI using L2Out/L3Out??

Mohamed_Saad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I don't find any documents from Cisco where it shows how can customers migrate from OTV technology for L2 stretched network to ACI?

I only saw a diagram in Cisco IT design page 13 "attached" but no configurations and no guidelines about the process!

If it is supported how to do it ? and if not supported then what ?

I don't think it is like normal L2Out for regular VLANs as OTV is much complicated. 

I hope anyone from Cisco or ACI BU can provide some help here.

4 Replies 4

sarabsin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

You can do VPC to OTV edge devices and EPG static binding for Vlans. Basically Extend EPG Outside.

No need for  L2Out.

But if you really want to do L2OUT which  is Extending Bridge domain outside, you  will have to configure contract for the traffic.

Thanks,

Sarabjit Herr

Thanks, Can I extend multiple EPGs/VLANs out “static binding” to the same vPC links to EDs?

Another thing, physical connection/vPC will be in each site ? Or only one !

Hello,

Yes , please refer to link below on how to extend EPG outside.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c07-732033.html#_Toc395143569

You will have to create VPC under Fabric->Access policies ( create Domain/pool/AEP etc) and then associate Domain to EPG with static binding. 

I am not able to understand when you say physical cnnection in each site?? Do you have ACI on both sides of OTV. ?

Please rate it if helpful.

Thanks,

Sarabjit Herr

Yes we have two OTV sites this is given, you normally use OTV between at least two sites and we have ACI in both locations as Multipod so my concern is STP loops when you start using the same VLANs on ACI in both locations and extend the EPG out for that VLAN.

If you have a vPC would it be possible to use the static binding for more than one EPG? becasue it is not just one VLAN or one EPG....

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License