Views
Helpful
Replies

(ASK ACI Multipod) Configure connection between IPN using Interface vlan

williammanurung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just want to know, is it possible to configure connection between IPN using SVI then configure OSPF between them?

As I know, the best practice to deploy connection between IPN is using L3 routed interface.

Please attach the document if any.

Manurung

5 Replies 5

Hi @balaji.bandi 

Yes, i have been read that.

But, there is no explaination about SVI between IPN.

William

Hi William,

It's never mentioned because SVI 4 has never been supported. VLAN 4 subinterfaces are required on the IPN devices for connecting to the Spine switches.

Cisco explained it in their Multi-Pod configuration White Paper found here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-739714.html (search for the key phrases "Configure the IPN Interfaces" within the doc)

Tuan

Hi @tuanquangnguyen 

how about I configure SVI vlan 10 between IPN?  I asked for configuration between two IPN, not IPN to Spine.
I think It's works, I just need a document about that.

William

Hi @williammanurung,

My apologies, I might have misinterpreted your question. If you're asking for connection between IPN devices (and not the IPN-Spine part), then any types of connection should do (as long as they support the requirements of multi-pod IPN, stated within the White Paper). I think it should already be mentioned.mpod.png

Sincerely,

Tuan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License