Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC Authentification with TACACS

udo.konstantin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

we have a requirement to authenticate all possible access to ACI with TACACS+. This includes also CIMC access. 

I didn't find any possibility within the CIMC UI to configure TACACS+ access like in the APIC GUI. 

Any help?

Thanks

Udo  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Udo,

Support for TACACS is coming in the IMC 4.1(3) release which is due out in the next month or so.

Robert

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Udo,

Support for TACACS is coming in the IMC 4.1(3) release which is due out in the next month or so.

Robert

Hi @Robert Burns 

this is great to know! Thank you! 

Kind Regards

Udo 

Robert,

I've been looking for IMC 4.1(3) but didn't see it. Do you have a link to the release notes?

Not yet released.  Release timelines are always moving targets unfortunately.  4.1(2f) was just released last month (2021-02-16), so I'd expect the next maintenance release 4.1(3) in another month or two at this point.

Robert

Hi All,

I have a UCS C220 M5SX running in BIOS Version C220M5.4.1.1b.0.0124200237 and the CIMC Firmware Version 4.1(1d). 
I noticed there is no TACACS option under Admin > User Management. It only shows Local User Management, LDAP & Session Management - does this means I need to upgrade the CIMC Firmware Version 4.1 (3)? 

Do you have some link on which Firmware version for CIMC that supports the TACACS? 

Many thanks for your future response. 

Hi Robert,

I already have CIMC updated. Thanks for your Answer.

YanL
Level 1
Level 1

4.1(3d) is available for the UCS C220M5 but still waiting for TACACS feature for the UCS C220M4, only 4.1(2f) available.

johndilao_2nd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a UCS C220 M5SX running in BIOS Version C220M5.4.1.1b.0.0124200237 and the CIMC Firmware Version 4.1(1d). 
I noticed there is no TACACS option under Admin > User Management. It only shows Local User Management, LDAP & Session Management - does this means I need to upgrade the CIMC Firmware Version? 

Do you have some link on which Firmware version for CIMC that supports the TACACS? 

Many thanks for your future response. 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License