cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to bring interface UP connecting to APIC controllers?

CSCO11584685
Level 1
Level 1

So i made a mistake where i was shutting unused interfaces on leaf switches and shutdown the 4 ports going to two APIC controllers.

Now i have a single APIC connected to Fabric, and it is refusing to send commands to bring the Interfaces up with below error.

Error: the messaging layer was unable to deliver the stimulus (no replica is available)

I have oob access to the leaf switches, but i cant find a way to enable/noshut the interfaces. solution?

Fixed, supposed to put the FULL command. thanks to Cisco TAC.

leaf304(config)# int eth1/48
leaf304(config-if)# no shut
                                   ^
% Invalid command at '^' marker.
leaf304(config-if)# no shutdown

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if you have access to the switches, cant you just go to the relevant physical ports on the switch configuration and do a "no shut" on the 4 interfaces?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

the command is not accepted on the leafs. i tried that.

leaf304(config)# interface e1/48
leaf304(config-if)# no shut
                                   ^
% Invalid command at '^' marker.
leaf304(config-if)#

imteerachotj
Level 1
Level 1

I think This case, move one or two APIC to connect available port (not disable) on leaf switch and waiting for synchronize.

After that you will enable physical interface on APIC. 

Nik Noltenius
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

how are you even able to get into interface configuration mode on an ACI leaf switch???

Anyways: I've run into similar situations at least twice and finally found a very useful command:

setinservice

It basically brings back up all ports configured for fabric discovery or infrastructure purposes when they have accidentally been black-listed

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/nxos/cli/b_inxos_command_ref/b_inxos_command_ref_chapter_01010.html#wp2279509975

Regards,

Nik

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License