Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast groups not propagating within Fabric

ekman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I am experimenting with multicast within an ACI fabric, but I cannot seem to get multicast entries to propagate to switches other than the LHR switches.

I have currently configured ACI accordingly:

VRF-TEST

- BD-MULTICAST
    - EPG-RECEIVE

- EPG-SOURCE

The receive and source EPGs both provide and consume a contract which allows all types of traffic to be past between them.

I have enabled multicast on the VRF level, and "ticked" the checkbox under the BD to be a PIM domain.

L2 Unknown Unicast: Hardware Proxy

L3 Unknown Multicast Flooding: Flood

Multi Destination Flooding: Flood in BD

Pim: Check

I have also attached a subnet to the BD with the IP address range of the sources.

But whenever I type the command

show ip mroute vrf TEST:VRF-TEST

I only see the multicast routing entries for receivers and senders which are directly connected to said leaf. Is there anyway that I can propagate this multicast routing information to other switches within the ACI fabric? Do I need to enable Fabric RP or anything likewise?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

6askorobogatov
Level 1
Level 1

to have multicast between VRFs you need to have sender and receive VRFs to be on the same leaf. In other words, on the leaf with subscriber  you need to spin source VRF.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

6askorobogatov
Level 1
Level 1

to have multicast between VRFs you need to have sender and receive VRFs to be on the same leaf. In other words, on the leaf with subscriber  you need to spin source VRF.

Hello,

Yes I did some searching in the forums after doing this post and found a referance to 20BRKACI-2608, which answered all of my questions so far.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License