Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 and WCCP

michaelcocks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We have a cisco network and in our smaller branch offices, are using 3750 L3 switches as the core. From this switch, we are running WCCP to a pair of WAE-674 WAAS appliances.

This is all working well, and redirection is occuring in hardware on the 3750 (running 12.2(52))

I think I know the answer to this question, but would like validation.

If we apply a redirect list to the WCCP statement in the 3750, and then put a deny in the corresponding ACL, will this deny statement be processed in hardware, or punted to the cpu? My feeling is processed software, but haven't found a rock solid cisco dodument to confirm.

thx in advance

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ahskhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Considering you are running latest code, deny statement will be processed in Software, if ACL is large and has lot of hits, then you may see CPU issues on the switch. Thanks

Ahsan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ahskhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Considering you are running latest code, deny statement will be processed in Software, if ACL is large and has lot of hits, then you may see CPU issues on the switch. Thanks

Ahsan

Hi Ashan

thanks for that.

cheers

Michael

mpessi
Level 1
Level 1

Starting from 12.2(58)SE onward, 3750-X and 3560-X support ACL denies entries for WCCP in H/W

Thanks

~Marco

UAG Technical Marketing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: