Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710 - HTTPS Management Interface Failure

We have issues with logging in to our ACE, if I want to connect via SSH or HTTP its fine, if though I want to connect via https to login to configure it, I am unable to connect. This was working and these ACEs have been active for approaching three years, one of them is fine, the other is not.

When I tried to connect to this yesterday, it was complaining about java heap stack errors on the return page, it wasnt allowing me to login. I wish I had retained the error message. because when I tried today its simply a blank screen. I dont know if this is a bug, if anyone else has experienced it and is the only resolution a reboot because thats the only option I see available to me at the moment.

5 Replies 5

Its not related to the bug that I thought, I am though going to try to restart the java device manager to see if it helps. I am going to raise a call with our third party support for advice, though a reboot may be the only option.

Hi Cassandra,

What version are running?

As you stated this might be related to an internal Java process stuck.

You may get a #show tech-support and open a case with TAC to take a look of the Java processing and some internal logs.

Otherwise you can just do a #dm reload to restart the processes again withouting impacting the load balancing processes.

Hope this helps!

Jorge

Hi Jorge

Device manager version 2.6(0), up time on this device is 897 days. I have raised a change control to restart the process tomorrow, I appreciate that its not disruptive, but we have our processes. So I hope that tomorrow morning we will have a resolution.

Thanks

Cass

Restarting the java device manager has resolved this issue

Cassandra,

It sounds good.

As a comment it is not recommended to have that such a high uptime since it may contribute to have some unexpected software behaviors and may cause that eventually some internal process may get stuck

Glad to hear everything looks better now!

Jorge

"Mark it if it was useful then other users can use it as reference in the future"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: