cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710: take an action when a rserver goes down

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

If we use an ACE4710 to load balance two real servers, obviously it will use health checks to determine if a server is down.

When it detects a server is down, it will not send it any more traffic.

But can we also have it take any other action?  For example maybe email an admin, or send an SNMP trap?  Or better yet, can we use a custom TCL script to do other things, like launch some custom activities?

Thanks for all the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amacuz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bill,

I think you can refer to  "cesRealServerStateChange"

(http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=cesRealServerStateChange&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT)

as SNMP trap that is sent when a rserver goes down.

Then once your poller has received that you can defined the activities that will take place upon the reception of the trap.

Which other custom activies would you like to perform?

Alessandro

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

amacuz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bill,

I think you can refer to  "cesRealServerStateChange"

(http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=cesRealServerStateChange&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT)

as SNMP trap that is sent when a rserver goes down.

Then once your poller has received that you can defined the activities that will take place upon the reception of the trap.

Which other custom activies would you like to perform?

Alessandro

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thanks Alessandro, an SNMP trap for cesRealServerStateChange will probably work perfectly.  I'll just need to setup a trap colllection workstation and have it take actions when the trap is received.