Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE asymmetric HA

David Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was hoping to validate a design for asymmetric HA using the ACE modules.  If I want some contexts to be fault tolerant and some not to be (lower priority conserve licenses) Can I simply not assign an FT group to the admin context and selectively add contexts to different ft groups based on their HA requirements?  The only concern I have is the admin context and what I may lose by not have HA configured on it.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

If you do not have the Admin context redundant then you need to make sure you are dilligent about putting configs on both blades in the Admin context.

You are correct about not needing to have all contexts redundant, only contexts in an ft group are redundant and you can decide which. However I am wondering what you mean by conserving licenses, license is for the number of virtual contexts you can configure on the ace not how many you make HA.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

If you do not have the Admin context redundant then you need to make sure you are dilligent about putting configs on both blades in the Admin context.

You are correct about not needing to have all contexts redundant, only contexts in an ft group are redundant and you can decide which. However I am wondering what you mean by conserving licenses, license is for the number of virtual contexts you can configure on the ace not how many you make HA.

Thank you!  Replicating config between both Admin contexts is something we have considered and feel that it is worth the gain.

To clarrify my thinking.  I have a 20 context license on each ACE module.  For each context that I do not make HA I do not have to configure on both ACE modules.  That gives us an additional license on the other ACE for another Non HA context.  So as long as we distribute contexts intelligently we can maximize our license usage if we do not require HA on every context.  Did that make sense?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: