cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE: %C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 7 set off (Reset)

s.srivas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of the ACE modules in 7609 would not power up.

when I do Hw-reset, it is a hit and mis to get the ACE started, on several tries. Tried the hw method of resets with pin and it is not reponding.

Should I look for some thing before I call for diagnostics or module change.

The error message i get on the 7609 is

%C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 7 set off (Reset)

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

This message indicates that the module in the indicated slot was powered off for the indicated reason. [dec] is the slot number, and [chars] indicates the power status.

The switch has its normal vibrations and over time those vibrations can cause a module to slightly come away from the backplane. When this happens, the supervisors keepalive polling does not receive a response from the module within the allotted time and the supervisor reboots the module in order to try to gain a better connection to it. If the module still does not respond to the polls, the supervisor continuously reboots the module, and eventually puts it into error disable and does not allow any power to reach this module.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

This message indicates that the module in the indicated slot was powered off for the indicated reason. [dec] is the slot number, and [chars] indicates the power status.

The switch has its normal vibrations and over time those vibrations can cause a module to slightly come away from the backplane. When this happens, the supervisors keepalive polling does not receive a response from the module within the allotted time and the supervisor reboots the module in order to try to gain a better connection to it. If the module still does not respond to the polls, the supervisor continuously reboots the module, and eventually puts it into error disable and does not allow any power to reach this module.

yes, the power was set to off in config mode.

I was concentrating on global mode, module reset.

Thanks it worked.

SS

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card