cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE FT Config With Their Admin Context on Two Separate VLANs

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have two ACEs in an FT configuration. Each ACE is in a different building. The production context VLANs have typical FT configuration with IP address, peer IP address and alias. I'd like to place the Admin context (using G 1/4 as an access port) on to an Out-Of-Band management subnet; however, my OOB subnet in one building is different from the other. Therefore, I can't use an alias IP address for my Admin context.

ACE "A" is active for all contexts, while ACE "B" is standby for all contexts (including Admin context). So, I've created the configuration (attached) that I hope has ACE A's Admin context active unless it can't ping it's OOB Gateway. I haven't tried this configuration, and am looking into insight as to whether the switchover of the Admin context in the configiration will work without the alias/peer ip address information (that typically completes the FT configuration).

We also are getting ready to use ANM, and I want ANM to point to one address (Admin context) for the ACE FT pair to collect configurations, etc........I don't see a way to do this having my Admin contexts not being able to have physical connection on the same VLAN/subnet.

Wordy, but I had to ask. Thanks for any/all input.

Mike.

1 Reply 1

sivaksiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

You can apply FT only for user context not for Admin if you use Admin specific to management.

Regards,
Siva