Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE:HTTPS rewrite issue

Reuven Elkabetz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

Client is working in front of 2 server farms behind the same ACE. Client is initiating HTTPS session in front of server farm #1 while ACE functioning as SSL termination. Client is cliking on one of the links in the web page and start HTTP or HTTPS session in from of server farm #2 to get some images. Server farm #2 does not know if to get images to HTTP or HTTPS session. Our developers ask me if I can Insert any string when client is initiating a HTTPS session in from of server farm #2. What is the best to do it (if it is possible with Action-list) ? and if it is possible to insert it in the header ?

I hope this is clear. :-)

Thanks,

Reuven

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you just have to add a new field in the HTTP headers, be sure to configure the rewrite to be performed on all headers if you're not using persistence rebalance.

Then application guys just have to parse the tag and the job is done

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Surya ARBY
Level 4
Level 4

You can insert a field in the HTTP headers (tag), for example :

SSL: YES

or

SSL: NO

if the user hits the virtual server on port 443 (resp 80)

Thank you very much Surya!

So if I am understanding correct, when client is initiating HTTP session I can configure SSL:NO and when HTTPS session is initiating I can configure SSL:YES in the action-list , right?

Thanks,

Reuven

Yes, you just have to add a new field in the HTTP headers, be sure to configure the rewrite to be performed on all headers if you're not using persistence rebalance.

Then application guys just have to parse the tag and the job is done

Thanks a lot mate.

Reuven