Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE WAF missing profiles

fermendo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm working on an ACE WAF in standalone mode and found a problem. The built-in profiles for PCI and pass are missing, so I can not apply any policies, since all the xss, sql-injection, command injection, and other signatures are not there. I have tried to upgrade the appliance from version 6.0.2 to 6.0.3 but is the same.

I have previously worked with a cluster of 1 manager and 2 gateways and worked fine.

Is there a way to activiate those signature or profiles?

Thanks a lot, any answer is highly appreciated!!

Fernando

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

venkatkr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Fernando,

I am not sure if you have found the answer for this. What you need is to have BaseConfigSigned_1-0_1.ppf

This is downloadable with every release. So you can get this from download page. Once download you need to upload.

To upload this do the following

Rules & Signature --- >           Update Base Configuration

Hope it fixes your issue. Do let me know.

Thanks

Venky

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

venkatkr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Fernando,

I am not sure if you have found the answer for this. What you need is to have BaseConfigSigned_1-0_1.ppf

This is downloadable with every release. So you can get this from download page. Once download you need to upload.

To upload this do the following

Rules & Signature --- >           Update Base Configuration

Hope it fixes your issue. Do let me know.

Thanks

Venky

Hello Venky,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Yes that was the problem, the base configuration was not loaded, as you mentioned. But then found another problem, the Update Base Configuration button was missing too, so I was not able to upload the base config.

After verifying the files needed for the base configuration and other signature files that were missing, what fixed the problem was to delete the cluster created and generate a new one. I don't know if the first one was corrupted or something. Once with the new cluster the base config could be uploaded and worked fine.

Thanks a lot!!!

Fer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: