Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE4710 logging configuration

Werner Siewert
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have a problem with logging configuration in the different contexts.

logging works fine in some contexts and in others not. As far as I know the logging configuration needs to have some resources configured in the contexts but so far I wasn't able to get the logging running in all contexts. If someone please can tell me how to configure the resources to get the logging running or can point me to the appropriate documentation.

best regards

Werner

7 Replies 7

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Werner,

Can you share how you currently have your resources-class?

Please upload #show resources usage

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

thanks for your reply, I will upload #sho resource usage for admin context (here logging is working fine) as well as for SPS-LB context (here logging is not working)

best regards

Werner

Werner,

Do you have a remote logging server? Do you see the logging messages there?

Can you upload the resource-classes configuration?

Jorge

Hello Jorge,

yes we have remote logging server, but we don't see any syslog messages from these ACE4710 devices...

We have only resource-classes configuration for 3 sticky classes configured, I have uploaded the resource-class configuration.

best regards

Werner

Werner,

Can you do a #show run and copy all the configuration related to logging messages from it?

I would like to see how you got configured the:

syslog buffer 
syslog rate

Jorge

Hello Jorge

Now I have added

limit-resource buffer syslog minimum 10.00 maximum unlimited

to every resource class and now my logging seems to run in all contexts...

However, I'm not realy sure if this is a realy useful configuration but i. g. it seems to run!

Jorge, do you know where I can find a description how to configure the resources?

In the attached file you find my current resource class configuration.

best regards

Werner  

Hi Werner,

This is the documentation about it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA5_1_0/configuration/virtualization/guide/config.html#wp1262573

It sounds that some of the Context were eating all the syslog resources. At the moment you configure the syslog resource basically you hardcode a amount of resources to this Context and thats why now the syslog are sent.

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

--------------------- Cesar R ANS Team
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: