cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI: cluster building over out-of-band network

u.drechsel
Level 1
Level 1

Meanwhile I found a document which described the order of initialization steps of ACI fabric and APIC cluster. So I could self solve my problem.

Dear Madam/Sir,

I'm new in ACI and try to establish a controller cluster 3.0 consistig of three controllers before I'll switch on the fabric switches for discovery. I wanted to build the cluster first via Out-of-Band management network without fabric and then I would start the Spine and Leafe switches for the first discovery. The initial setup of CIMC and Controller was finished. All three devices are reachable over Out-of-Band management (CIMC and APIC). I'm using the following documentation:

b_APIC_Basic_Config_Guide_3_x.pdf
b_APIC_Getting_Started_Guide_Rel_3_x.pdf

In the last one I found:

"About Fabric Initialization"
"Note Before you can build a fabric, you must have already created an APIC cluster over the out-of-band network."

That covers my opinion, and I expected to get a APIC cluster via Out-of-Band network but the controllers didn't connect each other. I tried to use LLDP at the Out-of-Band switches, but nothing happened.

What can I do? Is it possible to use Out-of-Band management network for APIC cluster building?

Thank You,

Uwe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

harshal.shahane
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For the Controllers to discover each other, you would have to go ahead with the Fabric Discovery. As the Cluster is formed via the Fabric Interface. And the OOB Interfaces are only there for the Management Connectivity.

Regards,

Harshal

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

harshal.shahane
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For the Controllers to discover each other, you would have to go ahead with the Fabric Discovery. As the Cluster is formed via the Fabric Interface. And the OOB Interfaces are only there for the Management Connectivity.

Regards,

Harshal