Views
Helpful
Replies

ANM Certificate

roman.skrczypek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to install a certificate for server authentication on ANM 2.1 but I'm experiencing an error.

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/cisco/nm/dcm/cs/platform/system/CertificateManager"

Is it a script error or a java version problem?

Thanks in advance

Roman

8 Replies 8

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever get an answer to this? I've seen this error before as well and couldn't find a solution.

Hi John,

unfortunately I didn't get an answer. The problem still exists.

Roman

Hi,

Just wondering if you resolved this problem?

I have exactly the same issue installing a Certificate onto my ANM Server running ANM 2.1(1)

If you didn't have any luck, I will raise a TAC Case.

Hi Carl,

we resolved this issue. A Cisco SE investigated the problem an he found an error in a script. There was a wrong hard encoded version number in it. But unfortunately I cannot find the name of the script at the moment.

Roman

Hi Roman,

Did you raise a TAC case for this? If so do you have the SR number for it? It might make it easier if I raise it with Cisco.

Carl

CSCsz19949: anm-certificate fails with Java exception on certificate install

If you open a tac case, we can give you a script that will automatically correct this error.

The script to change is

/opt/CSCOime/bin/anm-certificate

G.

Hi Gilles,

the problem is already resolved. Thank you.

Roman

CARL HEMMINGSEN
Level 1
Level 1

OK, got the answer.

We are running ANM version 2.1, and were advised to edit the script /opt/CSCOanm/bin/anm-certificate and change the line that reads

ANM_VERSION=2.0

to read

ANM_VERSION=2.1

That was it. Obviously would be a good idea to take a backup of the script before making changes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: